Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Catfish Night at Liliana's


Last night Travalon and I went to Liliana’s for their special Tuesday night theme dinner, the theme this time being catfish. They have been sold out of the special the last few times we went, but they said if I reserved the special, they would hold it for me, so I tried that this time. And it worked! The first course was a catfish cake on a bed of greens, and it was so good! We also got their amazing cornbread with honey and chive butter at the same time. The main course was blackened catfish on a bed of sweet potato, and that was even better. I thought the dessert would have to be just about the best thing I’d ever tasted to beat that… and of course it was. It was a chocolate-orange brownie with fresh whipped cream and what tasted like cherries. We were sitting outside, and by then it was kind of dark to identify what we were eating by sight. Inside a small jazz combo played “The Girl from Ipanema,” “Fly Me to the Moon,” and other standards, and there were speakers to the outside so we could hear them. What a wonderful date night with my husband! Tonight we will probably just play tennis, like we did on Monday evening after dinner at home. Travalon admitted that he “almost” likes tennis last night, and that is all the opening I need to get him to play it as often as possible!

Famous Hat

No comments: