Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Birthday Picnic for the Daughter of Denni


I hope my readers had a great weekend. I sure did. Friday Travalon and I met Cali for the dance on the Monona Terrace rooftop. The band this time played reggae and other tropical rhythms. We also enjoyed the DJ between bands but didn’t stay for the second band. We drove Cali to Sun Prairie and stopped for chicken wings at a hotel in town.

Saturday Travalon and I went to the new west side Chocolatarian, then we went for a walk around Tiedemann Pond, then we went to Marshall Park, and then we met Tiffy and Rich for lunch at  Sofra’s in Middleton. We thought about renting a pontoon boat from the Marshall Park boat rental, but Rich had too much to do, so the rest of us decided to go for a ride in our little boat. Our neighbor was about to take out his sailboat, so he gave us a ride! However, there wasn’t much wind so we didn’t really sail. Then Tiffy and I went to Eno Vino for dinner, and we joined Hockey Girl, Travalon, and Twins Fan at Collectivo, where we sat outside and talked about random things like stock photos.

Sunday Travalon went to Oconomowoc to visit his family. After Mass Tiffy and I joined some other people at Plaka for brunch, then we discovered $6 pontoon boat rides on Lake Mendota. Was that ever wonderful! We went to the outdoor theater for a picnic for the birthday of the Daughter of Denni, and then we all watched Cyrano de Bergerac. It is a very sad play.

Yesterday Tiffy and I took the day off of work, and we went to Miko Poke for lunch. A poke bowl is a typical Hawaiian dish with raw tuna, rice, and edamame. It was so good! Then we went paddle boating on Lake Wingra, but it was so windy that they told us we could only go in one direction. I guess that was the day we should have gone sailing! We had a beer on the patio at Waypoint, then she headed home and I went to Mass for the day of obligation and then met Rich and Light Bright for dinner at Pasqual’s. Again we sat outside. I love being able to eat outside and get on the water! Why can’t it always be summer?

Famous Hat

No comments: