Monday, July 8, 2019

Early Music Weekend



I hope my readers had a good weekend. Saturday Anna Banana II invited Rich, Kathbert, and me over for lunch (Travalon was in Milwaukee for the day), then she and I tried to go to Toy Story 4 but we got there too late so we took a walk at the zoo. The two of us met Tiffy, Rich, OK Cap, and Cali for dinner at Himal Chuli while sitting outside, then Tiffy and I met the Daughter of Denni at the Early Music Festival. My department at work sponsored the concert, which was a joke travelogue of a guy traveling to Germany, Italy, and France, then back to England, with music from the respective countries. It was really good.

Yesterday a bunch of us went to brunch at Plaka, which was fortuitous because they had the women’s soccer championship game on, so we saw Team USA win! Anna Banana II organized a trip to Indian Lake State Park, but by the time I knew the plan, I was sitting on the Union Terrace with Travalon and Tiffy, and the breezes from the lake were so wonderful that I couldn’t tear myself away. The Daughter of Denni joined us, and we walked along the lakeshore path, then we all went to dinner at Ichiban with Rich and the Daughter of Denni’s boyfriend Q. We three ladies (and Q) then went back to the Union Terrace for ice cream before the next concert at the Early Music Festival, a ballet about a girl from New France who is sent to Versailles to learn proper manners and dancing. It was a lot of fun. Tonight there is a FREE concert of Spanish Christmas music to enjoy!

Famous Hat


No comments: