Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Midsummer Photos 2019


I believe it's time for another pictorial post. First is Travalon's favorite animal at the zoo: the red panda!


This is one of my succulents in bloom. It has a lot more buds, so if it blooms fully, I will take another picture.


Here are some photos from when we saw Banana Wind at the East Side Club: the new, improved tiki bar; a close-up of the neon flamingo now on top of the tiki bar; and the band itself.




The Daughter of Denni pointed out that they have built a new music hall, and soon this one may no longer host concerts, so I took a picture of it before the Participants' Concert at the Early Music Festival to always remember how weird-looking it is. The suspended glass octagons may have something to do with acoustics, or maybe they are just there for aesthetic purposes.


Outside of the current music hall, if you look toward the art museum, you see a lot of pretty lights.


And if you look toward the Union, you might see a lovely sunset.


At the Mallards game, I got Superman ice cream, which is basically vanilla ice cream dyed red, yellow, and blue. For some reason I thought the yellow was lemon, the red was cherry, and the blue was raspberry. However, they made a lovely pattern all swirled together.


This is the Millie of Dragons bobble head, seated on her Iron Throne.


And this is Maynard riding a unicorn that is pooping out a rainbow. Don't they make a perfect pair?


I thought my cycad was dying, but I moved it into the southern-facing window with the succulents, and now it is growing two new leaves. I love how the larger new leaf has curly edges.


Sometimes the harvest from my garden plot is cute! Check out this squash. We ate this tonight, along with lettuce and kale from the garden and corn on the cob from the Ashippun Firemen's Picnic.


And finally, this is a magenta petunia growing in a crack in the sidewalk here in town. Last summer I featured another magenta petunia growing from the curb in Reedsburg. This seems to be a thing around here. Is someone going around planting magenta petunias in strange places, or how are they ending up growing in cracks in cement like weeds?


Famous Hat

No comments: