Thursday, July 25, 2019

Videos of the Jimmy Buffett Concert


Last night Travalon and I joined Richard Bonomo, the Single B-Boy, and El Vegetariano up at Concert on the Square for their Beatles concert. It was quite a bit louder than a usual concert up there, but Travalon loved it and sang along to every song. During the second half of the concert, they did the entirety of Abbey Road to celebrate its 50th anniversary.

Tonight we went to the garden because they make pizzas there on Thursday evenings, but they had run out of pizza because it was a free beer night (which I did not know), so Travalon suggested we go to Alt Brew. I had a pineapple gluten-free beer, and we split a gluten-free pizza that was amazing. The ones I have had before had terrible crusts like cardboard, but the crust on this pizza was even better than a regular pizza crust. You can apparently buy them at Hy-Vee. We sat outside on their little patio that overlooks a parking lot, and beyond that a marsh, and few cars were there so we had a clear view of it. It was a lovely evening.

Here are some photos. The first one is a pretty mirror I bought at the Irish store in Dubuque. "Slainte" is like saying "Cheers" in English - it means "to your health" and is what they say during toasts. It is pronounced like "slawncha."


This is an orchid I rescued from my church, where someone had abandoned it after it was done blooming. I brought it home and put it in my plant room, and it grew some new leaves. Then it grew a long stalk with buds on it! This is the first blossom, but it has two open now, and several more buds.


This is my flame-colored calla lily. As you can see, its first leaf is orange too! Hopefully it grows some green leaves, or will it even be able to photosynthesize?


Here are a couple of videos from the Jimmy Buffett show. The first one is the end of the song "Volcano," showing all the people in Hawaiian shirts, and the enthusiastic woman next to me who had neon-colored leis on.


This is a guy wearing a light-up shark fine on his head. There were actually four of these guys, so I should have made a video of all of them walking in a line. You would think they would wear these during the song "Fins," which was later in the show, but I only saw them during "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere."



And finally, this is a video to show how going to my garden plot is like going into a Disney movie, with the bunny and the birds and butterflies playing among the flowers.


Famous Hat

No comments: