Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Rubik's Tetrahedron



Yesterday when I went for my lunchtime walk, I went to the Allen Centennial Garden, hoping to see the bald cardinal. It was a very hot day, and not too many people were around, so I had high hopes. Instead, a female cardinal alighted right near me, so I started talking to her: “Hello lady cardinal, are you Baldy’s wife? I was looking for him. Is he around?” She listened, then flew away. Then I realized a person was nearby who might have heard me talking to a bird. Still, it gives me hope that if Baldy the Cardinal can find someone to overlook his flaws, so can we all. I know Travalon overlooks a lot of flaws in me!

Also yesterday, my new toy arrived in the mail. At Anna Banana II’s family cottage, one of the kids was playing with a Rubik’s Cube, and I remembered once having a sort of Rubik’s Tetrahedron that was much easier to solve, with four triangular sides in neon colors. I looked online right then and impulsively purchased one that looked just like my childhood toy. When it came yesterday, I saw with delight that it was exactly as I had remembered, and I immediately scrambled the red, green, blue, and yellow pieces. Then I tried to solve it, but it seemed to be taking forever, so I complained to Travalon that I was not as smart these days… and then I solved it! In like eight minutes. It was worth the $9 to feel smart, but don’t look for me to purchase a Cube. I never was able to solve that one…

Famous Hat


No comments: