Wednesday, July 24, 2019

How to Live Happily Ever After


People always tell me how lucky I am to have found Travalon, and they are right. I honestly do feel like after the wedding I have lived "happily ever after," and there is a simple formula for any woman to do so:

1. Marry the nice guy instead of the bad boy you feel the "spark" for.

2. That's all I've got for you. Seriously.

Of course, there is something to be said for continuing to realize how lucky you are to have married the right person, which keeps you from taking him for granted. I think this lesson is not just for women, because if anything men are worse about rating physical attraction above all else, and then they end up alone and lonely because they are a nickel out looking for a dime (or a penny out looking for a dollar bill). They would do well to heed the words of that silly calypso song from the 60's: "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife." Not that I am saying you should find the most physically repulsive person out there, but both genders should realize that basing everything on physical attraction and a sense of "conquest" is not a winning formula for lasting happiness. Instead, we should judge each other by the content of our character.

Famous Hat

No comments: