Thursday, December 19, 2019

Advent Photos


Staying on the Christmas music theme, last night at choir practice we practiced a lovely setting of "In Dulci Jubilo" by Buxtehude. It made me so happy! We will sing it on Christmas Eve during our concert before the "Midnight" Mass at 5 pm.

Here are some Advent photos from our recent adventures. The first picture is a stunning sunset Tiffy and I saw just outside her sister's apartment building.


This next picture is to make Richard Bonomo jealous: this is the hot chocolate Travalon got at Bellitalia!


Here are a couple of pretty crystals I bought at a shop on State Street. The one on the right is bloodstone, and I can't even remember what the one on the left is, never mind what "powers" it supposedly has. I just like them because they are pretty.


Isn't this rosary that a grad student gave me beautiful?


Check out the cool cookies another grad student made for our department Christmas party! This is the  party that a fourth of the invitations got mailed to us instead of the intended recipients.


This isn't a very good shot, but there are some beautiful Christmas lights downtown.


This is the mandrake I made at Adult Swim. Travalon left his behind.


Here is the State Christmas Tree in the Capitol Rotunda.


And here is a photo of Tiffy and me in front of the Christmas tree at Zoo Lights.


More photos of Zoo Lights:



Here is the island in Sunset Bay on Lake Wisconsin.


And here is Travalon in front of the island.


This is a cool bluff behind the bar near the island. You cannot see the island from inside the bar.


Here are the cool soaps I got at the soap shop.


This is a late addition to the little ornaments I hung up in my office. When I got this, Travalon got a French bulldog ornament he calls Chester. They are fair trade ornaments.


Here are Travalon's navigators, Candy and Goldie!


And finally, here is a short video of the balalaika orchestra.


Famous Hat

No comments: