Friday, December 13, 2019

Which Fictional Character Am I?



Last night Travalon and I were watching Keeping Up Appearances, and we were delighted to see that the character Onslow was wearing a Packers shirt! A few scenes later he was reading a book on nuclear physics. If you have not seen this show before, I highly recommend it. It is a British show about a woman who is desperate to always seem to be doing the right thing, and her obsession usually ends up making a fool out of her, plus everyone dreads dealing with her. Once, years ago, Ma Hat said that I remind her of this character, which I said was odd because I very rarely care about proper etiquette. She replied, “No, I mean because people want to leave the room when you enter it.” This would be a mean thing for a normal mother to say, but it is par for the course for Ma Hat. She also said I remind her of Lucy van Pelt (from the Peanuts comic strip), presumably because Lucy is mean to everyone. However, I would maintain (and our parish priest would back me up on this) that the fictional Lucy I am most like is Lucy Ricardo from I Love Lucy, always getting myself into crazy situations, often with my buddy Ethel. So Ma Hat thinks I am like a combination of Lucy van Pelt and Hyacinth Bucket; I think I am more like a combination of Lucy Ricardo and Anne of Green Gables. Feel free to tell me in the comments which fictional character you think I most resemble, and why.

Famous Hat

No comments: