Friday, December 27, 2019

Beautiful Bird Party



Today I had to go back to work, and it was very quiet, but I saw something wonderful during my lunchtime rosary walk. I could hear some sort of birds calling, and as I walked toward the lake, I could see many large, white birds swimming. Someone said they were Arctic swans, and they are beautiful. There were so many of them! I took some pictures and made a short video, but they don’t really capture how beautiful the swans are, or their haunting calls. I also saw a small flock of black and white Goldeneye ducks, but they were not close enough to get a good photo. They only come around in the winter; we often see them in Sauk when we are eagle-watching. My readers know how I love bird parties, like on the little pond up in Waunakee where lots of birds gather, and this was one, big, beautiful, shining white bird party.

Famous Hat

No comments: