Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Rock Collection



Nowadays when we ladies collect “rocks,” we mean jewels, or at least overpriced crystals. I’m not sure I put any credence in different minerals having properties that they impart to the wearer – I just find them pretty. But collecting rocks is nothing new for me, since I had quite a collection as a kid. Some were very pretty, and some were cool because they had fossils in them (the little creek in our backyard was a hotbed of fossils of tiny sea creatures), but some were just so weird that I had to bring them home. One looked just like a hard-boiled egg that had been sliced in half the long way, and one was the size and shape of a doorknob with a strange indentation in it that looked just like a keyhole. How did those ever get created? I wish I knew where they were now, but they probably got dumped back out into the Great Outdoors from whence they first came, so you will just have to imagine them. Unless I actually come across them whenever Travalon and I get around to cleaning out our garage, in which case I will be able to post a photo of these really cool rocks.

Famous Hat

No comments: