Monday, December 9, 2019

Christmas Concert Weekend



I hope my readers had a good weekend. Travalon and I had a plan: that we would go downtown for coffee, then he would go to the Badger basketball game at noon while I hung out with Tiffy all day. However, the day before that they changed the time of the basketball game to mid-afternoon, so he joined Tiffy and me for a leisurely lunch at a Chinese restaurant on State Street before he headed off to the game. Tiffy and I rode the Holiday Trolley, then we shopped at the soap store and the crystal store before having dinner at the Discovery Center and then going to a Baroque Christmas concert at First Congo. The concert was wonderful, and once it was over, we checked the score of the Badger football game and were stunned to see they were beating Ohio State. We went to Tiffy’s sister’s apartment building and found a bunch of people watching the game in the lounge, but by then Ohio State had pulled ahead, and they just kept pulling further ahead. Sigh… Will the Badgers ever beat them?

Yesterday I felt kind of under the weather all day, and that may be why I did not wake up until Mass was starting at our parish. Eventually Travalon and I got going and met Tiffy at Crema CafĂ©, then we went to a sports bar to watch the Packer game, but it was too crowded – we couldn’t find anywhere to sit. We went to Waypoint and watched part of the game there, then we took a walk around the area at halftime and headed to the hand bell choir Christmas concert. Travalon did not have any interest in this concert, so he went to the antique store, but Rich joined Tiffy and me. Then Travalon and I hurried to six pm Mass at the student parish downtown, and then we ran into Pete the Sailor Man at the Union, but the line for pizza was too long there. We got one at Bellitalia up near our house instead, and I had leftover pizza for lunch today. The weather has been so pleasant lately – I’m not ready for the frigid temperatures we will have for the next few days! If winter was always as mild as it was this weekend, I wouldn’t even complain about it.

Famous Hat


No comments: