Saturday, September 25, 2021

Another Tie Game for the Forward

 

Today Travalon and I had a quiet day for the most part: we watched cartoons, we walked around the neighborhood, we watched that terrible Badgers game, and we took a hike at Jackson's Landing. We did walk to the Nau-Ti-Gal for lunch and watch part of the game there. Three turnovers! Oh man, did they look terrible against Notre Dame! But it was a big day for the other side, because their Coach Kelly has now won more games than Knute Rockne.

We had a far more exciting evening: we went to a Forward Football Club game! Now a "football club" is what most people in this country call a "soccer team," so this was actual football, played with a round ball and the feet, not what the Badgers had been playing, which a meme on social media says should really be called "arm egg." As always, the Flock were there, singing and playing the drums through the whole game. Toward the end of the first half, the Forward scored!! They set off pink smoke by the Flock, and Travalon took a photo.


Here is a photo of the players. The Forward are in the blue jerseys.


I got a new scarf at the game! I love the West African pattern on it.


That was at the half. Then right toward the end of the game, the other team scored, so it ended up as a 1-1 tie. At least that was more interesting than the 0-0 tie we went to earlier this summer... After the game, we went to the big team store (I had gotten the scarf at the little team store at the far end of the field), and at first there wasn't much I liked except a scarf... but I realized it was the same one! This guy saw me looking at it and then realizing I was already wearing the same scarf, and he was pretty amused. But then I did find a tie-dyed T-shirt and a pair of earrings, and Travalon got a hat and a T-shirt.

This has absolutely nothing to do with football/soccer, but last weekend Tiffy went to the beach in Racine, and last night when we talked, she sent me a photo.


It practically looks like the tropics! I love the blue-green water, white sand, and sailboat in the distance. Speaking of sailboats, I never did get to go sailing this summer. The season isn't quite over, but it's looking less and less likely. My favorite is when someone takes me out who knows how to sail but lets me do some of the work with much instruction. I sail like I drove a train at the Illinois Railway Museum - just fine as long as someone is telling me exactly what to do.


Famous Hat


No comments: