Thursday, September 16, 2021

Delicious Debris

 

Tonight Travalon and I went to the Mexican restaurant right near our house for Mexican Independence Day. Unlike Cinco de Mayo, which most Americans seem to think is Mexico's birthday, on Mexico's actual birthday you can easily get into the restaurant. They were celebrating with live musicians strolling around, and I wore red and green Mardi Gras beads to celebrate the occasion. We sat outside, since it was such a beautiful evening, and we had our usual shrimp chimichangas. As always, I only ate half of mine, so the waiter brought us two boxes, since Travalon seemed to be slowing down as well. However, he ate all of his. The waiter asked if we wanted anything else, and I said how about tres leches cake, since it was a birthday party so we should have cake. We split a slice, and of course I ate about two bites since I was already full. Conveniently enough, we had that second box so we could take the cake home too. Tres leches cake is very crumbly, so there were some crumbles left on the plate, and Travalon scooped them up with his fork and said, "I'll get the debris. Delicious debris!" and I said that was an excellent blog post title. Only thing is, it has nothing to do with Mexican Independence Day. What's Spanish for "c'est la vie"? 


Famous Hat


No comments: