Thursday, January 6, 2022

Annoying Neighbor

 

Not too much happened today, but we did have a condo board meeting over Zoom. We started the meeting, and one person couldn't hear us, but we could hear her. Then we were all treated to some rather loud reggae music, which surprised me since I was by far the youngest person in this meeting, and as my faithful readers know, I went over the hill on Monday. We all sat there stunned for what felt like ten minutes, but was probably just half a minute, until that same woman fessed up that she was the culprit. I was a little surprised that she has such cool taste in music, but maybe it was something her grandkids put on the computer. To top it all off, she called me "Famie," which is bad enough coming from family or people who have known me since I was young, but what? My name on Zoom is clearly "Famous," and nobody else in our neighborhood calls me "Famie." I said, "Who are you talking to?" and she said, "You," so I said, "That's not my name." She has a long name which could easily be made into a nickname, and I was sorely tempted to call her that and see how she likes it. But this person is rather imperious and once illegally parked her car right behind our garage, and then instead of being apologetic about it, she actually got huffy that we asked her to move it. This is also the woman who has almost burned our building down twice, so I'm not a huge fan to begin with. 

Travalon just got back from a Badger basketball game. He said Davis was one rebound away from having a double-double, but the coach pulled him and let some bench guys play. The Badgers won, but I wish they had let Davis get his double-double. They let him get one when we watched them last week, but then Crowl was one rebound away and they pulled him. Sigh.


Famous Hat


No comments: