Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Stuff from St. Paul

 

I forgot to mention that yesterday I logged into work and then checked my calendar to see if there were any meetings... and there were four!! My whole day was booked!! But then the one first thing in the morning was canceled, the second one did last the whole hour and a half, the third one was only fifteen minutes, and the fourth was scheduled for an hour but only lasted half an hour, so not so bad. 

Here are photos of our new acquisitions on this trip. This first photo is of the plate, the rock, and the cross I got at the antiques shop in Alma Center, and the second one is the plate and rock under blacklight.



At the Mall of America we got this toucan neon light. You can't see the colors that well, except in the reflection in the window.


At the Como Park Zoo, we got this cockatoo. It doesn't have a name yet. 


And at the Model Railroad Museum, I got this spike. My grandpa (who worked on the railroad) once gave me a spike, and I have no idea where it is now, but they were selling them for next to nothing at the museum, and I liked this one that was painted white. Usually they are just rusty metal.


Sorry, I don't have a photo of Travalon's button that he got at the other antiques shop in Alma Center.

Today I had no meetings at work, so that was wonderful. It was very cold out, but I did go out for three walks. However, I needed a lot more steps, so after work I walked around the house as fast as I could... and I actually went a mile in fifteen minutes! See below.


This was for twenty-five minutes, since I needed to go more than a mile, but you can see where I sped up for that last mile. And I did it! Usually the top bar on my walks is eight, but if I really speed up, it's ten. This is the first time I got it up to twelve! And my average calories per minute is usually seven, but today I skipped right over eight and went to nine. Yay me!


Famous Hat 


No comments: