Saturday, January 8, 2022

Excellent Eagle Day

 

This morning I had to go to the Labor Temple for some business, and their main hall was really decorated, it looks like either for a Mexican wedding or an Italian one.


I also stopped by my office to water my plant, and wouldn't you know a faculty type was there and wanted to ask me work questions? Come on, I'm not on the clock! I wasn't expecting to see anyone! But I did answer the questions. Then Travalon and I drove out to Sauk, and we saw eagles on the island and across the river.



We didn't see any eagles from the VFW Park, surprisingly, but we went to the dam, where there were lots of people and a sign exhorting us not to get out of our cars. We saw at least six eagles flying around and standing on the ice. Travalon took lots of photos. Here are some of the best ones.













Then we went to the antiques shop, and of course I bought some rosaries. The black one on the far right is made of ebony, and the pink one second from the left is partially made of brass. The purple one second from the right is a Lourdes one. The little golden-colored bracelet inside the green rosary is a charm bracelet with Christian charms.


When I tried it on at home (why didn't I do it there?), it was clearly for a child. Travalon suggested sending it to the daughter of our Brazilian friend, which seems like a good idea. It's small, so it shouldn't cost too much to send.

We went to Mass this evening at the church closer to our house, since tomorrow we will be busy with the festivities in honor of Travalon's mother's 96th birthday, and they had this lovely nativity scene.


After Mass we went to East Towne Mall to get some more steps, but we parked outside of JC Penney's without realizing it closes an hour earlier than the Mall as a whole. This meant we were unable to go through it to get back to the car, so we had to walk around outside the mall, but it was actually much more pleasant out than it had been earlier today, so I was glad to walk outside. The last two days had been very cold, but with lots of sun and no wind, so I enjoyed walking with enough layers on. Today was windy, so even though it was allegedly much warmer, like over freezing, it felt worse. The wind had died down by the time we walked around the mall, so it was a pleasant evening and did feel like the posted temperature.

I didn't blog on Tuesday, so I forgot to note the momentous occasion of Ma Hat's 80th birthday the day after my 50th birthday. Happy birthday, Ma Hat!


Famous Hat

No comments: