Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Couple of Couples at Horicon Marsh

 

Today we went to Mass at the church closer to us, because afterwards we went to Horicon Marsh with a couple we had met there. That was a lot of fun! We saw a lot of egrets and some pelicans, but no yellow-headed blackbirds or black-necked stilts. We went on the boardwalk and then on Old Marsh Road. Here are some photos.


We saw three pelicans, so we got to see half of the Big White Birds today.





Here is a tern:


I think this is a red-tailed hawk:


The pied-billed grebe is so cute!




Look at all the swallows in this tree!




And here we are!


When I uploaded Travalon's photos to Boethius, I found this photo of the ferry from yesterday:


The other couple had to go to a meeting at three, so after lunch we hurried back to Madison. My FitBit's battery had died completely, so we went to three different places trying to find someone who could change it, but finally we gave up and bought a new FitBit. We also bought a pickleball set and got some bubble tea to reward ourselves for all that adulting. Travalon drove me to band practice, where I played the violin again, and he went to Leopold's and bought two books and had a pandan latte and that fancy drink in the cool glass again. As he was driving me to band practice, he asked if Bongo the Dog would be there, and I said I hadn't seen Bongo in ages. But when I got to the door, there was Bongo to greet me! Travalon got to see him when he came to pick me up. So that was a good way to end the day. Now my new FitBit is charged and synced and ready to go! I will have horrible stats for today, but tomorrow I should be back on track. 


Famous Hat


No comments: