Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Barbie and Ken and Niko

 

Today my neighbor picked me up from work, and we went to the Barbie movie. We ordered the "Out of the Box" shandy, which was supposed to be bright pink, but ours was pretty faded.



The theater was completely packed, and a number of people brought kids, although nothing about the marketing of this movie in any way implies that it is for children. However, I think the more adult jokes were subtle enough that they probably flew right over the kids' heads so no harm, no foul. I have to say that the movie was pretty hilarious, although it did have a lot of deeper moments touching on mortality, the meaning of life, and how men and women relate. Plus Rhea Perlman! Remember Carla from Cheers? I would recommend the movie, and I can see why people see it more than once. Unlike Oppenheimer, the three-hour epic I got through without having to pee once, I did have to leave in the middle of the Kens' dance number, so if I do see it again, maybe I can choose a different scene for my bathroom break. Niko watched the movie with me, as well as my neighbor, and he was pleased to see someone in the credits named Nico, even if they did spell it wrong.

Please pray for Travalon's nephew, who was the best man at our wedding. He was involved in an accident at work and has sustained a serious brain injury. They don't know if he will survive the night, and they say he will almost certainly never be the same even if he does survive. I guess we will know more tomorrow.


Famous Hat


No comments: