Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Boz Scaggs and the Mallards


I forgot to mention that on Monday, when we went swimming in Crystal Lake, I was wearing a Lake Ripley bucket hat. Fortunately nobody said, "That's the wrong lake!" I don't know if there are Crystal Lake bucket hats; I do have a Crystal Lake hoodie. 

Yesterday when my neighbor and I went for a walk in the neighborhood, another neighbor greeted us with freshly baked peanut butter kiss cookies!


My neighbor said, "We lead a charmed life." We really do, because they changed the confession time at my church to just before my adoration hour, so it was very easy for me to go. Then after adoration, Travalon and I went to see Boz Scaggs. The last time we had seen him, he didn't do "Miss Sun," but he did it this time! However, about an hour into the concert, the sound level went up to a painful level, so I spent most of the rest of it out in the hall, where I could hear but it wasn't so loud. Oddly, nobody else seemed to notice - I was the only one plugging my ears. He did do his other big hits; my other favorites are "JoJo" and "Lowdown," and he also did "Lido Shuffle" and all his other songs that I know. I really liked a bluesy number with a slinky bassline called "Rock and Stick," which is a cover. 

Time for some DuoLingo bragging!


Today I worked on campus, then Travalon picked me up and we went to watch some Mallards baseball. It wasn't the greatest game - they lost 10-5 to the Rafters, who always seem to have their number - but they had just as many hits and no errors, so the problem was their fielding. The weather was perfect, and I saw this lovely sunset over the stands.


So you can't win them all, and at least we did see the Mallards win (quite decisively!) earlier in the season. They are leading the league, so it's very possible they will have a playoff game at the Duck Pond. Of course, if they are playing the Rafters, who are currently #2, then that might be the end of their playoff run. I don't think we've ever seen them beat the Rafters.


Famous Hat


No comments: