Friday, April 12, 2024

Is It the Age of Aquarius Yet?

 

Today I worked from home and got a lot done, then after work Jilly Moose came over and we took a walk, since the weather was so nice. When Travalon got home, the three of us went to Bierock for dinner and their mini-sized fancy beers. Jilly Moose and I had bierocks, and Travalon had a burger, and we tried all sorts of fancy beers: raspberry, blueberry, ginger with honey and cannabis, peanut butter, pistachio. I really enjoyed it, except for the woman who was singing 90's music and accompanying herself on the keyboard. It wasn't the 90's music I like (dance music), but the weird grungy stuff, like "Black Hole Sun," one of the worst songs ever written. She also did "Bullet with Butterfly Wings," which is an exciting song when the guy is screaming out the lyrics over driving guitars and insistent drums, but it's really weak when a woman with an admittedly decent voice is singing it languidly over an electric piano. Once we got in the car, I played the original "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins, and a song by Soundgarden (the band that did "Black Hole Sun") that is actually listenable called "Spoonman," and Travalon and Jilly Moose agreed they were both pretty good songs. Also, once we stepped outside, we saw this crescent moon. My phone couldn't get a good photo of it, but Jilly Moose's did a decent job.


Here is Jilly Moose with Prosecco, her "happy moose."  

Then we joined Richard Bonomo on Night Prayer, and afterwards we discussed the important matter of when the Age of Aquarius starts. Answer: in more or less two hundred years. Did you think it was in the 60's? This started because I had seen a tweet where a woman said she was on the bus complaining about how stupid astrology is, and someone said, "Oh, shut up and let people enjoy themselves, you Capricorn Sun, Virgo Moon bitch!" so she went home and looked it up... and never said anything against astrology again. Ha! I have never gotten that specific, but I have certainly stopped people in their tracks by somehow knowing their signs, like years ago in college when we were out bar-hopping and my friend lost her keys. A guy dangled some keys above her head so she couldn't reach them, then he laughed and said, "Just kidding, these are MY keys!" so I said (not 100% soberly), "You must be a Gemini!" He just stopped and stared at me and said, "How did you know that??" so I said with perfectly drunken logic, "Because only a Gemini would do that!" To this day I don't know what I meant by that, but it certainly took the wind out of his sails, so mission accomplished. As one of the influencers I've been watching lately says, "I'm not anti-male, I'm just anti-douchebag."


Famous Hat


No comments: