Sunday, September 8, 2024

Niko in the North Woods

 

Today Travalon and I didn't want to deal with the road closures for the Ironman Triathlon, so we went to Mass at 10:30 up in Waunakee. I was thinking it wasn't a very inspiring Mass, and then the Consecration was very solemn. It was a beautiful day, so after that we spent the afternoon at Indian Lake County Park, where we ran into some people from my department. Travalon loved the little dog Lotte, and she loved him too. Then in the evening I took a Benadryl before band practice, because I sit between Hardingfele and another woman who each have multiple cats, or maybe it's the dust where we practice, but I always have allergies at band practice. Today I did not... but I could barely stay awake. Good thing Travalon had given me a ride! I wouldn't have been safe to drive back...

Here are photos from last Sunday. First, some photos from the resort where we stayed. This first one is the cabin where we stayed three years ago, the Laughing Loon.

The resort is on Rest Lake.





There were two very cute little mushrooms outside the door.


Here are some photos from our bushwhacking hike.


Views from the bridge:





You can see why there are more photos of me than of Travalon!





This one's for Jilly Moose:

Here are some photos from our hike at Trout Lake:























These are apparently ghost plants (Indian pipes) that have gone to seed.




This is our cabin.


This is a small lake with an observation deck.



At that same park, they had these adorable cabins.


Across the street was Rest Lake Park, where we saw this colorful catamaran.


This is the cute bridge we saw in Winchester.


This is the sun creating a rainbow sunburst on my cell phone screen at WinMan Recreation Area. This is how it looked taken by Travalon's cell phone.


And this is how it looked with his good camera.


Finally, this is my chocolate martini, partially consumed.


Sorry, no photos of Niko. He enjoyed his time in the North Woods, but he stayed safely in my purse and didn't go on any hikes or boats. But Travalon said something about "Niko in the North Woods," and it just sounded like a great blog post title.


Famous Hat


No comments: