Friday, May 29, 2009

Pictures of Paradise

Here are more photos from Palm Tree Fan's Caribbean cruise this past winter. While I have gone on a Caribbean cruise myself, my photos are for the most part not worth posting. (Unless, of course, you enjoy looking at the sail of a catamaran. I'm not saying that the all-you-can-drink beer and margaritas influenced this subject choice...) Or how about a lovely picture of Tiffy taking a picture of the sunset? Yes, it's true - I am not a good photographer!

Figure 1: Wish I Were Here

In keeping with the tropical theme today, I created a station on the internet radio site that plays Hawaiian music. At some point I tried to add Tahitian music, and the internet radio site has a real paucity of anything Polynesian (other than Hawaiian), but for some reason it started playing reggae after that. I like reggae well enough (but NOT reggaeton!), so I let it go, although it is supposed to be a Polynesian music station. Maybe they figure tropical is tropical...?

Figure 2: Or Here

As long as the "purity" of my station had been so violated, I decided to go ahead and add some calypso music. I couldn't find anything under either "calypso" or "steel drums," but oddly now my station has started playing Ted Nugent! What has that got to do with the tropics at all?

Figure 3: I Would Certainly Settle for Being Here

Speaking of purity and violation, and relating to the astrology theme of yesterday, once Ubi Caritas was trying to annoy me by saying how after we got married we would live in the suburbs and drive an SUV. (This is why I am still single.) I said, "You know, there may be vehicles called the Aries and the Taurus, but they'd NEVER name a car after your sign!" So then we debated about the best advertising slogan for the, say, Ford Virgo:

Ubi Caritas: "Feels like a new drive every time!"
Famous Hat: "Pure driving pleasure!"

And now you can see why neither of us went into marketing.

Famous Hat

No comments: