Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Terror on the High C's

Wednesday, like most other days of the week, is a good time to reminisce about tropical vacations. While this picture may look as if I am on life support, what I am actually doing is snorkeling.

Is This Hell... or Cozumel??
(photo credit: Tiffy, using my disposable water camera)

I know this doesn't explain the title of this post, although Tiffy and I were "attacked" by pirates on Key West. The religious differences were too great, however - Tiffy and I being Catholic, and pirates of course following the Flying Spaghetti Monster - so it didn't work out.

Once there was a woman named Florence Foster Jenkins who was a terrible singer. She used to have recitals all the time, and people begged to attend them because they were so entertaining. She used to have numerous costume changes during each recital, and her accompaniest would make fun of her behind her back. What's my point? Just that if you are not a very good singer, and you have recitals but nobody wants to attend, maybe you should make them more entertaining. Just sayin.'

Famous Hat

No comments: