Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day, everyone! In honor of this holiday, my band played this afternoon at a function for state workers. We were paid in ice cream and temporary tattoos and, someday, money - they have to fill out some sort of requisition form. (It is the state, after all.) So I should be getting that money about the same time I get my first check for having ads on my blog, which I calculate will be sometime in 2013. (Assuming that the New Age types are wrong about what the end of the Mayan calendar means, of course.) I chose tattoos of a paw print and a smiley recycle symbol, which goes with the theme of yesterday's blog. (The cute part, not the linguistics part.) (Although "recycle" does come from Latin for "to bike again.") (And I bet Richard Bonomo is going to put a comment saying that's not true!) Also, I got an adorable little wind turbine for my backyard in ePlush World.

Speaking of Latin, we are singing a song in choir called "Jubilate Deo," and I was thinking how Jubi-Latte would be a great name for a drink. How about the Café Olé for those days you are feeling like some Mexican coffee? And of course there is the drink just for people born under my sign of the Zodiac: the Capriccino! When I open my coffee place, these will be just a few of the exciting drinks on the menu.

Famous Hat

1 comment: