Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Interesting Chaplet

Apparently the more random your request, the more likely God is to fulfill it.  Totally true story:  for a couple of days I had been asking God to send me another odd chaplet, like my Peace Chaplet and the one I never found any explanation for so I ended up creating my own devotional, the Salisbury Chaplet.  On Friday Luxuli picked me up and drove me to Mass right after work, then we met Anna Banana II, OK Cap, and Jilly Moose for fish fry across the street, and then we returned to the church library to pray the Rosary.  I saw a chaplet hanging from a statue of Our Lady of Cuba and pointed it out to OK Cap, who tried to use it to pray the Rosary, but it did not work.  It has three groups of eleven red beads separated by four white beads, with four white beads at the start and a medallion with the Sacred Heart of Jesus on one side and the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the other.  Yes - it was the weird chaplet I had requested!  But of course I had neglected to ask for an explanation as well.  While it is not as lovely as my Salisbury Chaplet, clearly someone had created this configuration on purpose.  Some internet research led me to believe it is probably supposed to be a Sacred Heart chaplet, but it does not have a standard configuration.  That one would have three groups of eleven beads, to symbolize the 33 years Jesus lived on earth, but there should only be one bead separating them, and there should not be any starting beads.  Here is a picture of my crazy chaplet:


And this is how one prays the Sacred Heart Chaplet, according to what I found online: 

Pray the "Anima Christi" on the crucifix.

On the small beads, say:  "Sweet heart of Jesus, be my love."

On the large (white?) beads, say:  "Oh sweetest heart of Jesus, I implore/That I may ever love thee more and more."

After each grouping, say:  "Sweet heart of Mary, be my salvation."

After finishing, say:  "May the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament be praised and adored and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen."

So I will trying this tonight in the Adoration Chapel.  Tuesdays are my date night with Jesus.

Famous Hat 



No comments: