Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard Update

So our candidate had to stop for the night one state over, but she did manage to get in this morning.  This meant I had to come to work.  Luckily Light Bright has an SUV with four-wheel drive, since poor little Erin Caitlyn O’Honda almost certainly couldn’t have plowed through the drifts on the road.  Speaking of snowdrifts…  I went out the front door, thinking the condo association was more likely to have cleared that than the back door, but guess what?  Right in front of me was a six-foot snowdrift!  And I am just a little more than five feet tall myself, so I plowed through and left a me-sized hole through the drift.  The condo guys were out with snowblowers, but of course they had not yet gotten to that section of sidewalk, so I had to wade through the knee-deep snow… and then a snowblower turned up the sidewalk and showered me with snow!  By the time I got to where Light Bright was waiting in her SUV, I was, as she said, “Covered in snow from head to snow.”  (Yes, that is what she said.)  But we got here and took care of the candidate, and it’s all good.  The snow has stopped, the sun is shining, and the promised 30-MPH winds are nowhere to be found.

So what was the state of disaster?  According to a girl on my bus last night, it was that our governor was elected!  Hah!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

I agree with the bus comment. The guv is worse than the snowdrift. So the candidate made it, but then did the faculty?

Famous Hat said...

Half the faculty did. The other half interviewed her today. And I totally forgot to mention that of course they had cleared the back door of my building!