Friday, February 25, 2011

Signs of the Times

Here are some photos from the protest when I went with Richard Bonomo on Wednesday night after choir practice.  Here are some signs:














And the back of the sign...










Here are some signs from non-state workers showing their support:



And a close-up of the sign:


And here are a couple out-of-state signs supporting us:



This sign shows all the places people have called from, ordering pizzas to donate to the protesters:


Here is a shot of the crowd hanging over the balconies:


And here is a short movie of some protesters playing instruments:


This may seem completely unrelated, but believe me, I can make it relevant:  one frond of my Boston fern is split at the top... like it's giving a peace sign to the protesters!


And this may seem unrelated as well, since these are the Cuddly Rosaries sent by Mom Hat for Anna Banana II, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap (the red ones) and the newly adopted daughter of Mr. and Mrs. "Smith" (the pink one)... but I have been praying for our governor's heathen soul!


And these are the new rosaries I just ordered from the Oblates of Our Lady of the Snows:  one made of black Czech beads with a relic in the crucifix that touched the (temporary) tomb of Jesus; a ladder rosary; and a St. Francis rosary with wooden beads and a San Damiano crucifix.  See?  Totally relevant!


Famous Hat

2 comments:

Toque McToque said...

Excellent pictures!

Famous Hat said...

Thanks, Toque! I hope to add my own sign at some point that says: "Even Charlie and Cashmere know Scott Walker has to go!" with a drawing of my bunnies on it.