Monday, February 14, 2011

Won't You Be My Cyril and Methodius?

It's that day again - Sts. Cyril and Methodius Day!  I generally ignore Valentine's Day, but today the hottest trainee did give Light Bright and me a bag of Valentine's Day candy.  Yes!  And he put her name first on the card.  No! 

I was not expecting big things today, being single, but then I heard a wonderful story:  the students at the state university where I work marched right up to the Capitol and gave the governor a valentine that said:  "We love our university!  Don't break our heart!"  I am so touched that they are protesting on behalf of those of us who do all the behind-the-scenes work.  The governor wants to disband our unions and make our share of benefits payments the same as those in the private sector.  (Note:  he does NOT want to make our salaries the same as those in the private sector.  We only make 11% less than they do, what's to complain about?)  Students, I love you too!  Yes, I'll be your valentine!  *air kisses*

Famous Hat

No comments: