Monday, July 11, 2011

Early Music Camp Post

So here I am at Early Music Camp, and this year the theme is Early Music of the New World. If I thought having to sing in Italian and German other years was difficult, that was nothing compared to singing Renaissance polyphany as beautiful and intricate as that of Victoria but in the Incan language of Quichua! Fortunately it is a fairly easy language to sing in, unlike, say, English. We native English speakers do have the advantage of having learned to sing in such an awkward tongue (I HATE singing the word "world") that everything else seems simple by comparison.  I don't have much to say yet about my classes.  I am taking a music performance class, a vocal master class (that was an oops), the lecture series, and a class on villancicos.  Will blog more when there is more to tell.

Famous Hat

No comments: