Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spam Lessons

If you can stand it, another 100% true Light Bright quote as she hung up the phone: "I hate repeating myself! I really do not enjoy it!"

It has been some time since I featured any spam on this blog, but Hardingfele got the most amazing piece of spam, asking her to teach the spammer's daughter. Teach her what? I will let it speak for itself:
 
Hello Teacher

I am writing to know If you can tutor my daughter for 6 weeks for summer. Her name is Caron, she is 14 years old ,I just don't want her to be less busy when she arrive in your location for her holiday so I just want her to get hooked up with one thing or the other. You know what I'm talking about. It can be on Music or Dance. Let me know how much you charge per hour and let me know the total for 6 weeks lesson. You can take her on any day convenient for you for 2 hours lesson per week. You can just take her at your convenient schedule. Please tell me your past teaching experience and make up lesson. I hope to read back from you soon. Have a nice time.

God Bless you
Best Wishes
Generic Waspy Name

Yes, GWN, we know what you are talking about! You just don't want her to be less busy when she arrive in our location. Completely understandable. You'll be reading back from us about our convenient schedule.

I have no idea how this scam works, but I have to commend the spammer for her (?) creativity.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I was actually tempted to respond to see how far I could get. I mean I stand to gain from giving some kid music and dance lessons and charging her rent for the room. And if they think I am so gullible as to give them my bank info over email, NOT. Caron will have to give me COLD, HARD, CASH!

Famous Hat said...

Isn't Caron the Etruscan god of the Underworld? Just sayin.'

WV - yannemyc. Pretty sure we ran across that word at Early Music Camp when we were singing in Quichua and Nahuatl.