Monday, July 11, 2011

Lilies and Paintings

OK, I lied - instead of less blogging today, I'm doing more. First, more photos of the lilies because more of them have opened. In this first shot, you can even see my two calla lilies, which are still blooming but well past their prime:


And here is a close-up of the Landini lilies:


And here is a close-up of both kinds of lilies together:


And this is very exciting: I threw a mango pit in my giant Boston fern, and it sprouted!


Here in town we have two art fairs: Art Fair on the Square and Art Fair off the Square. The "Off" one features local artists and much more affordable art, so that's where I bought this painting, which is called "Cat on a Hot Pink Roof":


And this is one I bought from a website called African Cartel, which was featured on CNN's website a few weeks ago. The artist is named Peter and I will try to include more info in a subsequent post. As far as I can tell, this painting does not have a title:


Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I am very jealous of the lilies, all I have is boring orange ditch lilies. We have many cat themes that can be turned into art - cat on grass, cat stalking, cat dismembering a mouse, etc. WV is homiao, very appropriate for this feline themed post.

Famous Hat said...

I crossbred the two lilies so you are welcome to any experimental seeds that might develop.