Monday, January 30, 2012

Geography Lesson

Agent Toque McToque is sending me information again, this time about an explosion in the chemistry building. Apparently one person was hurt, but not seriously, so this is good news. Toque and I discussed when we had taken chemistry classes, and how we always feared some of the not-so-bright people in our classes would take out the entire class with their misunderstanding of chemistry. Toque says she is not sure about the intellects of some of the students here on campus, she has seen more than one address a letter to Washington, DC this way: District of Columbia, WA. She claims Americans are terrible at Geography, we know nothing about Canada, and I said that may be true, but how much do Canadians know about the US? She said they would at least know the capital, but most Americans think the capital of Canada is Toronto. Now I may not be 100% sure how to spell Ottawa (I always think it’s Ottowa), but I at least know of its existence. I did a survey with a sample size of one (my office mate Light Bright) and asked her what the capital of Canada was. Her response? Montreal.

Famous Hat

1 comment: