Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gloating Post

What does it feel like to be a winner? I’ll tell you – it feels fabulous! You are reading the words of a winner right now. That’s right, I won the Midday Quiz Question on Public Radio today, because I am a good guesser. The question was about a country that was named by Dutch mapmakers. Can you guess the answer? Scroll down for a hint:












There is a place in the Netherlands called Zeeland.

I happened to know this fact, and so I submitted New Zealand as my answer. As always, I listened to the radio to see what the answer was and how far off I was. Often I am right, and then this time when they announced the winner’s name, it was Famous Hat! Oh, happy day! I even won a coin from the 1920’s, which is awesome because I collect coins and have always loved stuff from the Roaring Twenties. Maybe it will have a little flapper on it. How cool would that be? Some people said I should try to sell the coin, but I think I’ll save it to remind me that I am a WINNER. I should add that of all the people who asked me what the question was that I could answer, only Toque McToque would have guessed the same thing, so she’s a winner by proxy.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Toque McToque said...

We are just super.

Hardingfele said...

The mayor of Hell and a quiz winner, wow! You rock!

Famous Hat said...

What can I say without sounding immodest? And I'm so very humble, as you know.