Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twice as Good as Twenty

Is forty twice as good as twenty? That remains to be seen, but my fortieth birthday was much better than my twentieth.  When I turned twenty, I had an ear infection and had to go to the doctor, and then I didn't feel like doing anything the rest of the day. Today I took the day off of work, since I was busy being mayor of a place called Hell. They called me at 6:30 this morning to let me know the dam water was backing up and the dam workers weren't showing up to do anything about it. Then Tiffy and I got some coffee (and I got a free flavor shot), and then we had lunch at one of those choose your stir fry grills. Hell called again to complain that it was cold as Hell, and what was I going to do about the temperature? After that Tiffy and I got massages, and then I got a free piece of dark chocolate infused with key lime for my birthday. And the fun isn't even over! I am going to Date Night with Jesus in a short while, and then Richard Bonomo is taking me out to dinner at a really nice Italian place. So far being forty is kind of fun!

Famous Hat

No comments: