Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Message from Hedgehog Heaven

Here is a story about hedgehogs that I meant to blog about earlier, but I keep forgetting the charm at home. I had wanted to scan it and post it. Oh well, maybe that will be tomorrow’s blog post; meanwhile, here’s the story:

As my 6.3 faithful readers know, my pet hedgehog Sylvia died of old age on Martin Luther King Day. I was surprised by how hard it hit me, since she was not a particularly affectionate pet, but I missed having her around. Sunday at Mass a newish person in my church choir asked me if I were the one with the “strange little” creature for a pet, and I said yes, but she had just died. The new soprano handed me a small white box, and inside was a bookmark with a tiny hedgehog charm on it. She hadn’t known Sylvia was dead, so it seemed like a message from God that my little hedgehog was okay, wherever she is now. Hopefully Hedgehog Heaven.

Famous Hat

No comments: