Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sad Sylvia News

My regular readers will remember my hedgehog Sylvia, who was often featured on this blog. Sylvia passed away yesterday at the age of five years, nine months. She fell asleep in her little house and simply never woke up, since her eyes were closed when I found her. I could tell the end was near because the last week or so she was acting very bewildered, hanging around out in the open, wandering around when the lights were on, and running right into Charlie the rabbit at one point, as he watched in disbelief. She was no longer curling into a ball and no longer hiding when I came into the kitchen while she was eating. She may have been totally blind and mostly deaf by the end. To commemorate her long hedgehog life, I am reposting the video of her bath from last year.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Rest in peace Sylvia, you are now in hedgehog heaven with plenty of mealworms and cat food and a nice place to curl up into a ball and that mean lady will never trim your claws again. Yes I am referring to myself.

Famous Hat said...

I'm sure in hedgehog heaven there are no baths and no nail trimming sessions.