Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Early Music Recap


So Early Music Festival is over and it went well. I played the violin maybe not so well with the minstrel class; our teacher played the banjo and another person in the class played the “bones,” which were spoons. Then I sang with the spiritual class and got so into it that I wasn’t even nervous when singing my solo. It seemed to go well. People were actually crying afterwards, and several people said the spirituals were their favorite part of the participant concert. Then Saturday we had a terrible dress rehearsal in the morning and a fabulous concert at night. Better than the other way around, right?

Sunday OK Cap had us Rosary Ladies over. She grilled sausage and burgers and made a peach and cranberry pie – wonderfully tart! Jilly Moose made taco dip and Luxuli made a salad, and I brought the all-important hamburger buns. Jilly Moose played bartender and made us all strawberry daiquiris, which we enjoyed around the pool. Then we swam, and then we prayed the rosary huddled in the shade of the umbrella over our table. Was it ever hot! Last night I swam in my own pool with Hardingfele and Rockstar Tailor. Tonight I will probably not swim, since I’ll be at Date Night with Jesus.

Famous Hat

No comments: