Thursday, July 19, 2012

Walking Wrong


People always told me that when you hit forty, you will have something go wrong physically, and sure enough, I started having knee problems about a month ago. The doctor sent me to see a physical therapist, and I figured he would say I hurt my knee by exercising too much, but no, it was nothing that cool. Apparently I have just been walking wrong my entire life. How can a person do such a basic thing so wrong? He said I am knock-kneed and splay-footed, which I get from my mom, who as far as I know does not have knee problems. So now I have a bunch of exercises to do, and I will have to go see this guy several more times, plus I am supposed to think about walking correctly. Do you know how hard it is to think about walking? It’s like thinking about breathing, which come to think of it I wouldn’t be surprised if someone tells me I have been doing that wrong all this time too. And I walk a lot, so I’ve had a lot of time to practice doing it wrong. We’ll see if at my advanced age I can learn to do it correctly…

Famous Hat

No comments: