Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flash Mob Miss


I hope all 5.8 of my regular readers had a great Independence Day. Mine started off with sleeping in, and then I met up with some other singers to practice “The Anacreontick Song,” which “The Star-Spangled Banner” is based on, for a flash mob. The practice seemed to go really well, so we trooped through the stifling heat up to the Capitol Building and milled around on the lawn. I thought we had ten minutes, so I ran into the Capitol to use the facilities… and the flash mob happened without me! This is the story of my life; the same thing happened when I was a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding.

Then Richard Bonomo and I were hoping to go sailing, but the boat rental place has changed their rules so that you have to belong to their sailing club to borrow a sailboat, so we rented a kayak. Another friend who doesn’t have a name on this blog yet also went along and paddled a single-person kayak. It was the first time she had tried it, and she loved it, especially when we went into an inlet that reminded her of some jungle ride at Disney World. It was cooler on the lake, with a lovely breeze. Then we went to an outdoor concert of patriotic music, and then Rich and I joined Jilly Moose and some other people to watch fireworks. As Rich said, “We’re trying to fit twenty gallons in a ten-gallon day.” No wonder I am so tired today!

Famous Hat

No comments: