Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Well-Traveled Blood


I got a most intriguing email yesterday. The Red Cross has my email address to let me know when there will be an upcoming blood drive and to let me register online. Yesterday they sent me an email letting me know that the blood I donated in June was sent to Plano, Texas to help shooting victims. That’s pretty darn specific. I am not surprised they keep track of such things, but I am a bit amazed they decided to tell me. Not that I ever thought my blood was going to waste, but it’s interesting to hear that it traveled so far south. My blood has been somewhere I have never been! The Red Cross likes my blood because I am Type O, and maybe this is why my blood is so well-traveled. It makes me wonder where else it might have gone. Maybe from now on the Red Cross is going to give me updates.

Famous Hat

No comments: