Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ferret Treats


As my readers probably know, I cannot waste anything. The other day I went to the pet store and bought some rabbit stuff, but the container of what I thought were rabbit treats turned out to actually be ferret treats. I didn’t discover this until opening it, so there was no returning it. The treats were just peanut butter-flavored yogurt, so I thought what the heck, I’ll just eat them myself. The only scary thing in the list of ingredients was “artificial flavor,” but since they were peanut butter flavor, I did not think it would be my nemesis, vanillin. So yes, I ate the ferret treats. They were really, really tasty and I ate a bunch of them, then I got cranky and unreasonable, couldn’t sleep last night, and couldn’t concentrate at work today. That is what happens to me when I eat fake vanilla flavor, and it had that addictive quality fake vanilla always has for me. If I were a superhero, vanillin would be my green kryptonite. But I never imagined I would get vanillin poisoning from pet treats! So as if you needed another reason not to eat things intended for other creatures, remember they might have ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR in them.

Famous Hat

No comments: