Friday, July 13, 2012

Stage Fright

In a couple of hours I will be performing with two of my classes, and I am starting to get a little scared. In the minstral class I am playing the fiddle while everyone else sings, and in the spiritual class I am leading a spiritual and doing a solo on the last verse. I asked one of my teachers, who is a singer in the group Anonymous 4, how she got over stage fright, and she said just doing it over and over is the best way. So here I am barely a month after singing the duet at Anna Banana II's wedding, and I'm singing in public again. Here's the odd thing: I don't get stage fright when playing the mandolin, even though I am the only one on the mandolin. It's just like a part of me, or maybe it is what my teacher was saying about doing it so much, since I play the mandolin in public all the time as part of various musical groups. Somehow singing seems more personal, but maybe I am just not used to doing it. So here's hoping it all goes well!

Famous Hat

No comments: