Thursday, January 24, 2013

Frisky Old Rabbit


When I first wanted to get Charlie my boy rabbit a friend, the Humane Society recommended that I get him fixed, because even though the girl rabbit would already be fixed so there would be no baby bunnies, his hormone levels would drive her crazy. What they neglected to tell me was that it would take several weeks for Charlie’s hormone levels to fall after the surgery, so I waited until he was healed and brought home Cashmere, and he was still hot to trot but she didn’t seem to mind. Then his hormones leveled off and he just wanted to cuddle, and she didn’t seem to mind that either.

All these years later, Charlie is suddenly feeling frisky again, and Cashmere certainly does mind. I know old men can sometimes get frisky in their twilight years, but Charlie no longer has those hormones coursing through his blood, so all I can think of is that he is remembering a time before he was fixed. Is this a sign of bunny dementia? All day long he chases poor Cashmere around, and she wants no part of it. She must always have a headache. On the plus side, they are both getting plenty of exercise.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I think it's the chocolate you are feeding him. It can be an aphrodisiac. Remember, Oskar the Oskurbator. That cat was fixed, but that did not stop him :-)

Famous Hat said...

Wow, thanks for that comment we all didn't need to read about Oskar.