Friday, January 4, 2013

My Exciting Vacation

I took this week off of work, and guess what? I was sick! Everything was fine on New Year's Eve, which we spent with some of Travalon's friends, but New Year's Day I was very chilled and achy. Plus the Badgers lost the Rose Bowl AGAIN. A three-peat. Travalon says maybe next year they will be invited to a lesser bowl they can actually win. So it was not the most auspicious way to start 2013.

Wednesday I did not blog because I really didn't get out of bed. Yesterday was my birthday and Travalon took me out to lunch, then we saw Django Unchained, which I would describe as a historical revenge fantasy, what you wish those slaves could have done to their masters and overseers. For my birthday I got a free dessert, a free piece of chocolate, and a free shot of Dr. McGillicutty's. We had dinner at The Bayou, which is the one place in town you can get Abita beer, and we both had crawfish etouffe. Then I felt really lousy, went to bed, and couldn't sleep anyway. Today I was miserable, and then Tiffy called and she has been miserable for the last few days too. It seems like everyone but Kathbert is sick around here - I called Light Bright at work and she was sick too! So that was my exciting vacation and the reason I hadn't blogged in days.

Famous Hat

No comments: