Monday, January 14, 2013

My Birthday Party (Somewhat after the Fact)


I will blog about this weekend, but it was pointed out to me that I had failed to blog about my birthday party. See? This is what being sick will do to you. I still have “virus brain” to some extent but am finally starting to feel closer to normal. My birthday party was fun, although I was so sick that I don’t remember a great deal about it.  Jilly Moose gave me a pound of coffee from my favorite coffee shop, and Cecil Markovitch gave me a book written by the Pope. I have started reading the book and drinking the coffee, and both are very good. My OTHER choir director stopped by briefly, since he had two other parties to attend that night, and I invited my Archirritant since she has not been irritating lately. Now I can’t even remember who else was there, but Richard Bonomo made spaghetti and a delicious chocolate cake, and then we watched the Packer playoff game, which they won.

This weekend the Rosary Ladies and I finally got together for a fish fry and the rosary, although I just had soup and OK Cap didn’t make it at all, since she was so sick. Everyone is so sick! Rich has been carrying a box of tissues with him for three weeks now. Saturday I actually wrote because I have inspiration for yet another novel. We’ll see if this one ever gets finished… Then Travalon and I went to the Bristled Boar for a quick drink and to Claddagh for dinner, and then we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise for the abysmal playoff game. The one before was awesome though, when the Ravens beat the Broncos in double overtime. If only the Packers could have pulled it out, or at least lost by a little! But they really fell apart in the second half. Then yesterday Travalon and I watched part of the other two playoff games at two different sports bars, including his favorite one, Pooleys. I kind of wish both those games had turned out differently too; it’s getting old seeing the Patriots go all the way, and the Seattle quarterback used to play for the Badgers so we were really pulling for him. Ah well, maybe next season.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Due to the virus, I have yet to give you your birthday present.....

Famous Hat said...

Your birthday post is the subject of my next post.