Friday, January 11, 2013

Rabbit Morality


Rabbits are not naturally moral creatures. I know this, and yet I find myself trying to teach them morals. For example, they both have a bad habit of taking the other one’s piece of banana, and I try to tell them this is bad. Interestingly, Cashmere has figured out that the Big Creature gets angry when she and Charlie go for the same piece of banana, so now if he takes hers, she just lets him, and she never tries to take his. She cannot figure out that it is only when she is taking his banana that I get mad; she thinks the banana is always his. She also cannot extrapolate across treat categories, so she still grabs other treats away from him. Only bananas have this special power in her mind, making the Big Creature angry if she has it and Charlie wants it. At least she learned something; Charlie is completely hopeless. I will never get him to stop grabbing things away from Cashmere.  I keep having to remind myself that they are just rabbits and will never understand the difference between right and wrong.

Famous Hat

No comments: