Monday, April 22, 2013

Forgot to Title this Post


I hope all my readers had a great weekend. Friday Travalon and I went to Marrakesh Restaurant for dinner and had delicious sea food entrees, then we went to the Free House Pub for some European beer, and then we saw Light Bright’s band perform. Saturday Travalon and I met Catzooks and Richard Bonomo for lunch at C’s Bakery, then the two of us drove to New Glarus to check out a couple of cute little shops, and then we headed on to Monroe. We were planning to take the Minhas Brewery tour (it’s the historic Huber Brewery building), but the last one had already started, so we took a walk around downtown Monroe, stopping at a cafĂ© called Bean and Barrel and to Baumgartner’s Cheese Shop and Bar, both around the Square. We had been planning to go on to Freeport, Illinois and get Fighting Pretzel T-shirts, but it was getting late, so we headed back to town and had dinner at David’s Jamaican Restaurant.  Then we stopped into Rich’s place to have a cup of tea with him and Kathbert. Yesterday was such a blah day; I overslept and missed Mass in the morning, then a bunch of us went to brunch at the Parkway and I hung out talking to Luxuli for quite a long time. Afternoon Mass was long because of the homily about the Vatican II document Gaudium and Spes, and I really didn't do much the rest of the day. Today is beautiful out, so I will make up for my laziness yesterday by walking home.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

So now you know what is behind those orange curtains!

Famous Hat said...

I thought it was a wonderful restaurant, though it got mixed reviews online.