Tuesday, April 16, 2013

World of Beer


Sorry for my silence yesterday – it was just a crazy day. This weekend Tiffy came to visit, and it was so good to see her. We went to a silent movie with Richard Bonomo and an early music concert, just the two of us. The silent movie was Girl Shy with Harold Lloyd, and it was predictable but very funny. Before the movie there was a vaudeville show, and my office mate Light Bright’s band was one of the acts. Then Sunday I went to visit Travalon. We went to the Olympia Spa, and I got my birthday massage a few months late. (I was supposed to get it on my actual birthday but had the flu or some nasty virus that day.) Then we went to an Irish pub in Milwaukee called County Clare, which was a lot of fun, and we finished the evening at a place called World of Beer on Brady Street, which had over five hundred types of beer available and dozens on tap. I tried samples of a blueberry beer and an Abita vanilla beer. Abita, as you may know, comes from a town just north of New Orleans, and they have all kinds of flavored beer, like raspberry, strawberry, and pecan. Now that the weather is getting better, Travalon and I will be continuing our pilgrimage to the state’s best taverns from the book Bottoms Up, so stay tuned for that.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Bad idea to read your blog over lunch. I want beer and good food vs. crummy potato soup and tepid tea that I have

Famous Hat said...

Sorry - didn't mean to give you meal envy.