Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What's My Job Description? Who Knows?


I need a new sort of job, one that can be summed up easily. Take ditch digger; the job description can be summed up in two words: “Digs ditches.” My job cannot be so easily explained, and that may be part of the problem: I have no idea exactly what it is they want me to do. Light Bright says she feels the same way, that every day she comes in and pretends to know what they want her to do. She imagines they would not last a day in this job themselves; they would quit and say, “Don’t I have someone to do this sh*t for me?”  I don’t need someone to do anything for me; I just need a job I can wrap my head around. Don’t those sort of jobs exist anymore? All I ask for is a job I can explain to other people.  If you know of any jobs like that, be sure to let me know. Thanks!

Famous Hat

No comments: